I Love to Hate Toshiba

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I am a rational person (I think)...

I swear I am.

I am not crazy.

When I spoke the lady on Monday, I believe the conversation went something like this:

T: We are going to authorize an exchange at Best Buy.
M: That's great. What happens next?
T: We are going to fax an authorization to the Best Buy you bought your TV from
M: Okay. When will that happen?
T: I can't be sure. Maybe Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Not the 4th though.
M: I really need a functioning TV by Friday if that's possible....
T: I can put in for a request for it to be expedited.
M: Will it definitely be done by Friday?
T: I can't guarantee that.
M: What CAN you guarantee?
T: I can't give you a definite time frame.
M: But probably Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?
T: I can't promise you that. You want me to promise you that, but I can't.
M: I just want a general idea of when this will happen.
T: I can't make any promises.
M: Well... will it definitely be within two weeks?
T: You are putting words in my mouth.
M: I just want to know when this will happen. Two weeks?
T: Yes sir. Definitely within two weeks.

We argued some more and I hung up. Nothing definite, but she seemed to think it was possible in the next couple of days. She told me to call back to check to see if the authorization was faxed.

Moving on.

I called Toshiba today.

I spoke to a guy and asked if the authorization went through. He thought I was crazy. He told me it takes 7-10 business days.

I tried to explain that she mentioned the next 3 business days, and he told me "She has been here a long time and would know better than to say that. It is 7-10 business days."

We went back and forth. I kept saying "but she said it probably would get done this week..." ... because she DID say that. I asked to talk to the girl again. He said he would put it in his notes that I wanted to talk to her (but he couldn't guarantee it)

She just called back.

She was pissed.

She told me that I invented the "next three days" and that the "under two weeks" was what she promised. She told me she tried to expedite it but it hasn't happened yet, and that it hasn't been two weeks which is what she promised.

She thought I was crazy for being upset that it wasn't done in the timeframe she promised (since she only promised two weeks)

In reality, I was upset that what she suggested POSSIBLE was in fact ridiculous.

I am going to call them twice a day checking on the status. When this is all said and done I am going to make a summary post, and spam the internet with a link to my blog in the hopes that at least 1 less person buys a Toshiba product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home